The Ball Pass Hike-Mount Cook
Aoraki Mount Cook National Park offers New Zealand's most spectacular alpine scenery. With all but one of its 29 peaks over 3000m, it is New Zealand's climbing mecca. Most peaks are accessible only to experienced mountaineers. However, hiking or trekking is possible close to Mount Cook on the guided Ball Pass Trek, in the company of experienced mountain guides. A High level of Fitness Required.
Participants for a Ball Pass Crossing need to:
- be very fit (be able to ascend up 300 vertical metres (984 feet) within an hour with a pack)
- have extensive hiking, tramping or bushwalking experience
- be able to walk nimbly over steep, rugged, untracked and exposed terrain
- be able to hike or climb 9-10 hours in a day without difficulty
- be sure-footed, well-coordinated and have good balance
- have no fear of heights or problems with vertigo
* See Itinerary for dates.
All Meals (of a High Standard)
Experienced Local Guide
Please Refer to the Day by Day Itinerary
per personChange Currency