What can you expect if you visit us in the colder months?
At first it might seem strange to take your annual summer holiday in the winter, but there are massive advantages to come and visit us at this time of the year:
- Snow-capped mountains and world-class ski fields beloved by skiers, boarders and young snowman-builders alike.
- Fewer tourists travelling during winter means you'll enjoy less traffic, less crowded attractions and less queuing.
- Cheaper Accommodation during our winter months, so you can really make the most of your budget.
- The Southern Lights - Our dark winter skies offer the best chance to glimpse the incredible and elusive Aurora Australis lighting up the night.
- Mild winters in the North Island - Did you know we even have a subtropical region, nicknamed the Winterless North?