Helicopter into Landsborough's Wilderness
This morning you will be picked up from your Queenstown accommodation, followed by a 3 hour journey to Clarke Bluff. A scenic helicopter or fixed wing flight is waiting for your to boarding.
Settle in, unpack and explore the magnificent surroundings or relax in this peaceful environment, tonight will be your first night at the Landsborough River Valley camp, where you can relax and enjoy a well earnt and delicious three course meal prepared for you.
Accommodation: Wilderness Camps - 2 Nights
Rafting the Landsborough
Begin with a leisurely cooked breakfast before preparing to leave camp for your first rafting adventure. A full safety briefing with information on river protocol will be given before you depart. Day two involves a 5 hour river trip ranging from action to the sedate, stopping to enjoy a deli-style picnic lunch above Hellfire Rapid before continuing down the river to Harpers Bluff, our second camp stop. There will be time to relax and take in the scenery, or go for a walk before dinner. After dinner explore the surrounds and maybe even discover a glow worm or two.
Purple Creek Waterfall and off to Queenstown
Another hearty breakfast will set you up for the day’s activities. Board your raft and head down river to Purple Creek for lunch and if conditions permit take a side hike to explore the waterfalls. After lunch a leisurely float to our take out point at Clarke Bluff, where we board the bus back to Queenstown arriving at approximately 7.00pm.
Accommodation - Queenstown 2 nights
Central Queenstown or Wanaka, Makarora and Haast by prior arrangement.
Season: Mid-November through March
Departs: Fridays 8.30am
Returns: Sunday Evening
Other days on request
- Pre-trip briefing
- Transfers from downtown Queenstown to Cavells Rafting Base
- Transfer to Clarke's Bluff via Makarora
- Scenic flight by helicopter to Landsborough ‘put-in'.
- Full wetsuit, rafting clothing and safety equipment
- 3-course meals, wine + beer
- Camping equipment
- Experienced guides and safety kayaker
- Accommodation in tents
- Extensive safety briefing
- Wilderness white-water rafting on the Landsborough River
- Transfer/ return travel to downtown Queenstown
What to bring
- Swimsuit and Towel
- Sleeping Bag
- Personal Clothing and toiletries (gear list available)
- Small amount of money for extra food and drinks at either end of the trip
- Please leave valuables behind
What we provide
- Full wetsuit rafting clothing and safety equipment
- Camping equipment (including large tents - room to stand in)
- Bookings for this rafting trip cannot be made within 5 days prior to departure
- This rafting trip operates with a minimum of 4 people
- Suitable for water competent people of moderate fitness
- Minimum age 15 years and over (15-17 year olds must have a guardian travel with them)
- Minimum weight 40kgs (88lbs)
- Please note the different booking terms for the Landsborough Wilderness Experience. Cancellation policy: 30 days before departure = full refund less your deposit of $100; Between 14 and 30 days before departure = 50% refund; and less than two weeks - No refund
- All trips operate dependent on weather, river level and
What Dmitry says about this tour: A short, sweet adventure tour, perfect for highlighting New Zealand's stunning natural beauty with a pump of adrenaline. Use this tour as a highlight to your New Zealand vacation, or as an amazing long weekend get away with friends.Enquire Now