To get your personalised itinerary within 24 hours.
Why we do it better...Find out now ›
New Zealand Self Drive Holidays
Where do you want to go,
how do you want to travel?
Because New Zealand’s roads are typically uncrowded and everything is so compact, most people choose to travel New Zealand by car - or by combination of car, train, coach and even fly if time is short.
There are obviously 2 parts to a New Zealand self drive tour - where do you want to go, and how do you want to travel? Anyone can rent you a hire car, but only a specialized New Zealand travel agent actually based in New Zealand can tell you the best places to go and the best things to do in New Zealand! And since our itinerary planning service is no obligation and absolutely free when you book your travel arrangements with us, why wouldn't you take advantage of our local expertise.
To get started
- Browse our suggested New Zealand self drive itineraries - there are limitless options for routes and activities, but to give you some ideas there are also some classic New Zealand touring routes which we've included on our itineraries page.
- Complete our online enquiry form - tell us about your preferred travel plans. If you don't have much of an idea then we'll send through some suggestions. But if you do, the more you can tell us about your plans the better will be our response.
- We’ll email you a suggested itinerary based on the information you provided us. For an example of what this may look like, click here.
- Provide us with your feedback - the suggested itinerary is just that - a suggestion - and this is your holiday to customize as you please. Let us know what you think and we can customize it to suit.
- We’ll send through a quote based on the agreed itinerary.
- Book - Once you’re happy with the itinerary and the quote you’re ready to book, and once you’ve booked we’ll send through an updated itinerary with all the key information like maps, directions, etc.
If you’re looking for touring freedom, you just can’t beat a motorhome on the open roads in New Zealand. There are various options available - from budget 2 person RVs through to fully equipped 6 berth camper vans. Most have their own shower, toilet and kitchenette, plus a dining area and plenty of storage space.
There are plenty of different shapes and sizes of vehicles available and we've got one for every budget.
- Full size
- 4 wheel drive
- Mini coach
If you are considering touring New Zealand in a car or motorhome, ask about our touring packages and rates. Our itinerary planning services are 100% free with absolutely no obligation!
Enquire now, and one of our team of New Zealand travel specialists will customise your New Zealand tour within 24 hrs. FREE of charge!